In this section, you will find information that we have compiled from numerous reliable resources, as well as our own personal experience.
Please use it as it is intended: as a help, a starting place, another opinion and viewpoint, personal experience from fellow goat breeders. We hope that you will find it useful, but please remember that it IS NOT, nor is intended to be, a substitute for professional veterinary advice, and also remember that it is not guaranteed. It is simply and only information that we have found helpful, and wish to pass on to you.
Most of the information in this section is written with Boer/meat goats in mind, but much of it is applicable to all goats.
We hope it helps you!
You may also download the entire library of articles as our Boer Goat Buyer’s Handbook.
Copyright & Distribution
Permission is hereby granted to copy and distribute any of the articles on this page, providing certain requirements are met:
- Each article must be copied in its entirety.
- Each article must be credited solely to Snowden Family Farm, and include at least one of the means of contact found on our contact page.
- Each article must include the copyright notice and disclaimer found below.
- No income of any kind may be generated by distributing this information.
- The article must be used for educational purposes.
We are willing to consider other uses, but use of any text or graphic(s) contained in this handbook in any way other than specified above must have our express permission beforehand.